Thursday, May 14, 2009

We got our approval and surgery date

Well, talk about getting all wrapped around the axle for nothing! Tricare didnt even blink before they approved a bilateral implant for Molly. The hospital blew it again...not surprisingly. I asked them to just give me a call or email once they filed the insurance so I could stay on top of them....of course, they filed...and I didnt know about it. The sad part is that they had the approval on May 12 and didnt bother to call me either. The only reason I found out about it was because I happened to call them today just to check up on things. Of course, they didnt understand the authorization so I had to call TRICARE who was kind enough to fax the approval again. Tricare has been amazing so far. I know, Im shocked too....but they have been the bright point in this long process. So after the hospital decided to acknowledge that we have approval they went ahead and set up the surgery date as July 13. Molly will get both implants at the same time and we decided to go with Cochler brand implants over Advanced Bionics.

I would love to post more but I have been running around like nuts and have an exceptionally crazy day tomorrow.

One step closer.... she should be able to hear by the time school starts in the fall!



Patientlywaiting said...

Congrats on the surgery date! Our daughter has the cochlear brand too and we have been very happy with it. She got the pink processor! Claire only had one side done but she had hers done at a MTF and they never do bilateral. We certainly don't regret our decision for her to have it done. It is amazing technology.


Val said...

Hi, we are here in AL as well, both of my kids have CIs, if you have any questions feel free to email me.