Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tick...tick...tick....

So today I moved all the living room furniture into the kitchen and was shampooed  ( when you have three kids...two of them being dirty filthy boys you tend to have to shampoo your carpet quite a bit). Especially when you have found out that your five year old has been assuming he is way to busy to walk allllll the way over the bathroom and thinks that if he pees right where he is standing that no one will notice?  Seriously J?   So during my carpet cleaning adventure ( by the way, I bought a Bissell lightweight deep cleaning carpet cleaner for $80 and I love it) I have already deep cleaned the entire upstairs, my office on the bottom floor and the living room and my carpets look and smell as good as if I had called a professional company.  Just FYI.  As I was saying, while cleaning the living room carpet, I looked up at the clock and it read 3:52pm. My heart immediately skipped a beat. We were less than 24 hours out and I imagined us 24 hours from then sitting with the audiologist as the tested Mollys implants and R and I watched her reaction to sound...at least what she got out of it.

Our plan was to leave the boys with one of our favorite sitters, but a huge outbreak of the flu has hit all the teenagers we use since their return from a church youth trip ( including the youth minister) so it appears now as if the boys will be coming with us for the day.  Am I worried? Yes, a little. I really want to be able to focus all my attention on Molly...and not have the distractions of a 7 year old and 5 year old fighting over which Mario DS game they are going to play with first. But seeing as we dont really have any options, we will just have to go with that.

Should be an exciting day! Thanks for all your support on both the blog and facebook. I will do my best to get news posted as soon as we get home tomorrow.

1 comment:

VBnBama said...

I wouldn't worry too much about bringing the boys, let the sit in the floor and play one of those games, she'll be hooked up to the computer and won't hear them anyway, only the tones via computer. I've had to take mine to each other's mappings for years now. Good luck, will be watching for updates. My son laughed really hard when they turned his on, my daughter cried, but they both could hear something and they got used to it pretty quickly.