Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Friday... One Week Down

Okay...so this counting weeks thing is going to be painful...for everyone. However, I did make a call yesterday and find out that the LOA ( letter of acceptance for those of you having trouble with the acronyms) is not dependent on the PA. The PA just happens to come first. SO... I dont feel bad that the PA didnt come this week...because even if the PA comes next week, the LOA is still in the works. Some adoption agencies don't even issue a PA...so there you go.

Still it is about 9pm or so in China which means that Molly is settling in to go to sleep....hopefully. She will have to get accustomed to an 8pm bedtime here. I have talked to so many doctors, audiologists, speech therapists, people working in Children's Rehab and in the school system that it is all running together. We have a jump on our sign language class...thought I was doing good by learning the question words and a list of verbs...then I started watching Four Weddings and a Funeral for the 8,000th time and as most of you may remember Hugh Grants brother is deaf...so I'm thinking...certainly I can pick up a few signs here....NOPE...nothing...in fact their sign for WHEN is our sign for WHERE...that's all I got. Back to the books.

So I'm off to play some hockey...much needed distraction...at least for an hour or two. This does get easier, doesn't it?

No comments: