Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Consulate Appointment

MOLLY'S FIRST ICE CREAM

So I am sitting here today by the phone in the hotel room waiting for an "everything is OK" phone call from our facilitator, Judy. I find it extremely amusing that everything about this trip to china hinges on this one date..this one major appointment - the infamous CONSULATE APPOINTMENT....oh and by the way, the parents are not invited to the appointment. We just sit in the hotel room while the facilitator attends for us. Am I the only one that sees that as a little funny? Probably so...its the two weeks in China...it is starting to get to me.

Right now Molly and Daddy are down in the play room having a little one on one time. She is still surprising us with what she decides to do. The "I am not getting my way" tantrums are mild at best and so far as have been able to hold to our guns and show her that unbeknown st to her, we are actually the ones calling the shots. I fear her personality is more in line with Jacks, and not Robby's but it is kind of hard to tell after only one week. I just cant believe the this transformation in just one week? This morning as we are walking, she puckers up her lips and leans over to Rob asking for a kiss? REALLY? This is the same little girl that couldn't even look at him a week ago? He is such a marshmallow when it comes to her...that I fear, will not change AT ALL!

Tomorrow morning the only thing we have to do is go to the Consulate and answer a few questions and get "sworn" in. I don't really know what that entails but I have heard it is a pretty low key event. Then that's it...that and the 24 hours we will be spending on an airplane and in airports. The only thing that will get me through that is knowing that those two little boys will be waiting for me on the other end. We have seen, eaten, toured our way through three cities in China and now it is time to get back to real life. School plays, Thanksgiving day parties, running around in the back yard, fighting over toys in the toy room...oh and the ice...lets not forget about ice hockey. This mom is ready to get back on the ice! In 48 hours we will be back in the air on our way home!

No comments: