Monday, September 22, 2008

The Waiting Game...



This weekend was a much needed distraction from this whole waiting game..at least it was for me. I spent the weekend at an ice rink in Columbus Ohio playing hockey with 5 other teams from the area in a tournament to raise money for the Gilda Radner Ovarian Cancer Association. We had a great time and our team took second place. Im convinced we would have taken the first place trophy home but lost to a team with "fresh legs" who didnt play the night day before. At least thats my story and Im sticking to it. Since my friend Jaci has informed me that she hasnt been reading my blog, I feel compelled to post this picture of her relaxing in between games. In the back is Sarah Miller ( one of our star forwards) and her husband/ our coach - Steve Miller. More pictures coming soon!

On the adoption front we are waiting for a couple of things. First the LOA..everyone knows what this is now and I was really hoping to have it by now...come on China! Whats the deal? Secondly, we are waiting for appointment dates for our last set of fingerprints that we need. Come on INS!
And then thirdly, the appoinment with our social worker so that she can sleep at night knowing she didnt approve the placement of Molly to a couple who isnt prepared to care for her. You never can be too sure..she has only known us three years.

Two of my online adoption friends got their LOA today which is great news...but Im not going to lie and tell you that I am not wondering where my phone call is? So...where is my phone call?

Any day now...come on!

No comments: